Tuesday, May 3, 2011

and so the blogging begins...

Someone very wise said to me recently that "your blog is your voice"...

That someone was Audrey Woulard.  I just returned from one of her photography workshops in Chicago.  She is known for being one of most sought after children's photographers in the country... maybe the world.  And even though I've been in business for over a year now, I somehow feel like things are just beginning for me after my weekend with her.  So I'm finally starting a blog of my own.  It's time for me to be able to share a bit more about what goes on behind the scenes here at lucky friday studios.

I've been in love with Audrey's work since the first time I saw it.  When the opportunity came up for me to attend a workshop at her natural light studio in Chicago I couldn't be more excited.  Now that I'm home and I've had a little bit of time to process everything from the experience I realize that the workshop didn't go the way I expected it to... it was so much more than I ever could have hoped for.  Audrey is so generous with her knowledge and she is such an amazing role model.  Her family comes first - always.  She has held true to her values and still manages to run a wildly successful business in the meantime.  I think one of the most amazing things about her though is her ability to guide each individual photographer toward their own goals.  She really took the time to help each person learn how to become the kind of photographer that they want to be while staying true to themselves.

There were 10 women at our workshop and I believe what Audrey said about us.  We were a very unique and special group.  We came from all over North America and we bonded immediately.  I feel so lucky to have made such wonderful friends and I can't wait to see how each of us grows.  I hope that everyone walked away from this experience insanely excited about what their future holds.  I know I did!  It was truly an honor to be a part of such an amazing group of women.  

We even had the chance to shoot alongside Audrey.  Here are some of my favorites...

    



And here is a photo of our group...  Audrey Woulard is seated on the far left, I am seated on the far right.  I LOVE this group of ladies!   


These are links to some of the amazing and talented photographers that I shared the weekend with...  I hope you take the time to enjoy some of their work!


So now I have a blog... and a place to share my voice.  Thanks for following along!


No comments:

Post a Comment